POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Attack of the Flying Magnifying Lenses : WIP - Attack of the Flying Magnifying Lenses Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:19:42 EDT (-0400)
   WIP - Attack of the Flying Magnifying Lenses
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 13 Mar 2003 17:37:45
Message: <3e710839@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to finalize this image and I'm not sure what/where to deal with.
The image is basically a set of lenses (that have a ufo look to them)
heading towards an ant in the bottom of the image.  The ant seems to be
studying this new threat.   I intend to add a few smoke trails (like
cigarette smoke) where some of the lenses are focused on the grass to make
the threat more apparent.  The small mud/sand mound that the ant is perched
on looks too much like a "cow patty" but I'm not sure how tomake it more
granular, other than placing a lot of spheres all over it and I'm worried
the rendering time will skyrocket.  I'm using photons but no radiosity.
With no radiosity the image takes about 1.5 hours.  With radiosity it can
only complete a few lines per day.

Any suggestions/comments about the image?

(No it's not a political statement)

Patrick Dugan

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Attack of the Flying Magnifying Lenses.jpg' (170 KB)

Preview of image 'Attack of the Flying Magnifying Lenses.jpg'
Attack of the Flying Magnifying Lenses.jpg